Things you need to know for SAS convention 2022:
1) Registration is required. Wristbands will be provided for different packages to be worn throughout the convention; they will be required to access food and activities venues.
2) There will be two main meals: Brunch 10am-12pm and dinner at 7PM.
Limited snacks will be available during the day.
3) The hotel has a swimming pool available for us all time and a beach-like area for kids to play.
4) We didn't hire special kids care to minimize cost on our guest, if you wish to have a private babysitter, we suggest Care.com
5) Children, Juniors, and Young Adults will be with us during the dinner/party time as our goal is to keep our next generation connected with our traditions, however we will have an area next to us during the nights for kids to play.
6) We have a ticketed Young Adult daytime outing on Sunday early afternoon. Please make sure you purchase the tickets ($15) if interested.
7) For Mate mingle, we will have the Mate and heaters, bring your glass and bombilla (bombija)
8) Dress code: For most of the event, dress code is casual. Prepare summer clothing for outdoor and pool-side activities, temperature is expected to be in the mid-to-high 80s. For the Friday is traditional night, please bring with traditional clothing if you have. Saturday night is formal attire.
9) Bringing our families together can come with challenges. If you face any issues, please raise them to the Convention Team courteously and they will do their best to address them.
10) Lastly, our community has been blessed with more than 30 volunteers working tirelessly for more than 3 months to make this convention possible. Please take the chance to thank them when possible.; this is only way we can encourage more volunteers to continue serving our larger Swaida family in such gatherings.
We believe we are all one big family, and your help and cooperation are essential to make this convention the most joyful experience for all.
SAS Convention Team
General Event Information
Welcome to our first SAS First National Convention 2022. We are thrilled to bring our larger Swaida family closer, in beautiful Orlando, FL. Through this event, we aim to reflect our heritage as a spontaneous, casual, and loving community, conducted in an organized fashion to assure the best experience for all.
(Group rate is $99 + tax for Standard 1 King or 2 Double), $6 Resort Fee (discounted from $12) parking fee per day) .The hotel is easily conveniently located on the vibrant International Drive. International dining, fantastic outlet shopping, and family-friendly attractions are just steps away. Direct hotel reservations can be made from the link on the main page until March 17, 2022 on a first-come-first-served basis.
The hotel is 19 minutes from Orlando International Airport with available onsite parking included with the Resort Fee (see below). For venturing further, daily shuttle runs to hotspots, including Universal Orlando Resort™ and Walt Disney World®
Dress code: Except for the formal dinner party on Saturday 4.16.2022, the dress code is casual throughout.
To assure maximum availability to attendees, early-bird registration will be made for full-package first until Feb 28th, 2022. Individual days reservations will be opened based on availability. The website has a limit of 20 tickets per order. Please let us know if you register and found that the tickets are sold out; we will add you to the waiting list in case of last-minute availability due to cancelations.
Tickets are refundable at 75% of value through March 14th, 2022 and at 50% of value between March 15th and March 31st, 2022. We would not be able to process any cancelations beyond March 31st, 2022. Guests might opt to transfer tickets at full value to other attendees with prior notifications by emailing email@example.com.
For COVID-19 related cancellations please see below.
COVID-19 and General Safety Policy
We are committed to follow all regulations to assure your safety. To assure that, we implemented these policies in compliance with general CDC guidelines and Florida COVID-19 regulations effective during the event timeframe. In summary:
Full vaccination or negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72hours of the first day of the event is recommended.
Please stay home, for full refund (hotel cancelation is free up to 72 hours of the event) if you have tested positive for COVID-19, are waiting for COVID-19 test results, have COVID-19 symptoms . Proof of positive test is required for processing refunds.
Please follow COVID-19 travel guides of your State and Florida, the location of the event
We will provide hand sanitization
Following regulations, temperature checks before each activity will be performed; full refund will be issued for individuals with temperature of 100.4°F (38°C) or more for Per CDC regulations, mask is required whenever social distancing in not possible.
Children and minors must be attended by adults at all times.